FOR BOTH SANITATION AND WASTE MANAGEMENT EXPERTISES,
WE ARE SUPPORTED BY FANTASTIC BOARD MEMBERS
SANITATION – SANERGY 501(C)3 BOARD
Neil MacLeod, Consultant and retired Head of Water & Sanitation at eThekwini Water & Sanitation.
Bart Burstein, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Pace Able Foundation.
Pascale Guiffant, Founder at Vetea, Innovation and Positive Impact Consulting.
Adam Knapp, VP of Financial Planning & Analysis, Citadel.
Kariuki Mugo, Director of WASH Sector Support, Water & Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP).
Tobias Omufwoko, CEO, WASH Alliance Kenya, and Focal Point for Sanitation and Water for All.
Madhur (Muddy) Ramrakha, Director, iJenga, & Co-Founder, Kenya Green Building Society.
Lindsay Stradley, Co-Founder, Sanergy.
WASTE MANAGEMENT / REUSE – SANERGY C-CORP BOARD
David Auerbach, Co-Founder, Sanergy.
Anne Amanda Bangasser, Managing Director, Treehouse Investments.
Steve Beck, Co-Founder, Novastar Ventures.
Adam Litle, CEO, Sound Agriculture.
Ani Vallabhaneni, Co-Founder, Sanergy.
SANERGY IS SUPPORTED BY AN INCREDIBLE TEAM OF MENTORS
We work closely with government officials at the local, county, and national levels advocating for a supportive
policy environment for alternative safe sanitation solutions and models for deriving value from waste.
Our philanthropic partners support our work at the front-end of the value chain to develop and deploy
sanitation service delivery models for everyone, forever. This continuous innovation and expansion develops models that
municipalities can replicate affordably – thereby delivering services sustainably and reducing the cost to donors and the public sector.
At the back end of the value chain, our partners and investors support our efforts to
efficiently collect and convert waste into high-value end-products. This work requires the development of infrastructure
and logistics that are capital intensive and, given the well-established agricultural inputs markets,
can yield a financial return for investors.
▪ Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA) Innovator of the Year
▪ MIT100K Business Plan Winner
▪ La France S’Engage Au Sud Social Innovation Award
▪ USAID Frontiers in Development
▪ Fonds Suez Environnement Initiatives – Institut de France Prize
▪ Nestle Creating Shared Value Prize (Runner-up)
▪ Legatum Center at MIT
▪ Rainer Arnhold / Mulago Foundation
▪ Echoing Green
▪ Draper Richards Kaplan Fellow
▪ African Leadership Network
▪ FT/IFC Transformational Business Awards – Award in Urban Transformation
▪ Sarphati Sanitation Award
▪ Food Planet Prize 2020
Sanergy builds healthy, prosperous communities by making sanitation safe and affordable for residents of informal settlements. Sanergy conducts its operations in Kenya. There are two companies associated with Sanergy: a 501(c)3 registered in Massachusetts and a C-Corp registered in Delaware. Both companies have wholly-owned subsidiaries in Kenya.
OUR POLICY ON DATA
Sanergy collects your first and last name, email address, and organization. With this information, we do the following:
- Send regular emails with updates on our progress
- Share relevant articles and links by third parties about the WASH sector, the ag. sector, urban planning, social enterprise, and Sanergy
- Solicit your support through donations and “spread-the-word” campaigns on social media
- Make you aware of opportunities to liaise with Sanergy, such as jobs and meet-ups
- Share your data with trusted 3rd parties, who are vendors to the company. For example, we utilize Mailchimp, a GDPR compliant software company, for running e-mail campaigns, and WordPress who hosts our website, whose core software is GDPR compliant.
HOW WE HANDLE YOUR DATA
- Sanergy does not sell your data to 3rd parties.
- The e-mails we send to you contain links to other sites whose information practices may be different than ours. Please consult all third party sites’ privacy notices as we have no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, third parties.
- Sanergy stores your data through Mailchimp, a GDPR compliant software company.
- Sanergy keeps your data in perpetuity.
- You have the right to unsubscribe at any time to our mailing lists.
If you have a complaint, you may send it to [email protected] and we will aim to respond within 7 days.
*”Without prejudice to your rights under all applicable law, the above and our privacy statement are not contractual.” *
Last Update: December 2018